These rules come with every P.Q. Wolf's Quoits Set.
1. Only Regulation P.Q. WOLF'S Quoits may be used: O.D. 7 1/2", I.D. 4 7/8", Weight 2 1/2 lbs., Hub 5/8" dia., Height of Hub from Surface 2 3. Pitching Distance 21' from Hub to Hub.
2. Players may toe Hub or Hub Line while Pitching. Only ONE foot will be allowed to pass Hub on follow thru.
3. Hub will be yielded to player delivering the pitch. Opponent must move at least 60" away from Hub.
4. Players cannot be substituted once the match has started.
5. Hubs may not be moved once the match has started. However the Hubs may be raised to the proper height PRIOR to pitching current inning. The ground surrounding the Hubs can also be raked and tamped at this time.
6. START OF PLAY - Determined by flip of coin or Quoit, (Letter side up is Heads in Quoits).
a. The first Quoit Pitched from either end of the court MUST be a Male Quoit. Letter side up.
Variations of the Male Quoit Pitch:
1. Kick Quoit-Cooked wrist & clockwise spin on delivery, Right Handed Players.
2. Toby Quoit-Any Quoit that flips forward or backward after hitting ground. This particular pitch will take practice to master. Always a dazzling sight and possible game Clincher.
b. Only TWO She Quoits ARE allowed to be pitched during a Game (Singles & Partners).
c. This Quoit MUST BE DECLARED prior to Pitching. Letter Side Down.
d. VIOLATION of this rule will result in LOSS OF GAME.
a. Singles--Each choose two Quoits with same letter. Then alternately pitch to opposite Hub (PLAYERS WILL NEVER MAKE TWO CONSECUTIVE PITCHES). Scoring player pitches first in the following inning, towards opposite Hub.
b. Doubles--Partners are located at opposite ends of the court and do not rotate. During doubles play Players cannot advance any further than center court. Scoring will be counted by players at opposing hub. Pitching alternately as in singles. When a Game is won, the players shall switch to opposite end of court and continue Match.
a. Ringer-2 Points---Some Possible Scenarios:
Two "P" Quoits on Hub -- 4 Points.
"Q" quoit on Hub bottom topped by "P" Quoit -- "P" Quoit 2 Points.
"Q" quoit on Hub bottom topped by "P" Quoit topped by "Q" Quoit "Q Quoit 2 Points.
b. Leaner-1 Point-Leaner touching top of Hub wins point over leaner touching side of Hub.
c. Closest to Hub-1 Point- (Per Quoit with same letter) must be within O.D. of Quoit. Determined by placing an outside Quoit over Hub and measuring nearest Quoit. A set of calipers Will be useful for this measurement.
d. Quoit striking court wall(s) is considered foul. No Point. Remove from court.
e. QUOIT (S) MOVED PRIOR TO AGREED SCORING -- VIOLATION -- 2 POINTS TO OPPOSING PLAYER OR TEAM.
a. 21 Points--Game (Game must be won by two or more points).
b. 11 point-Shutout Game (Score 11-0).
c. Match=Two out of Three Games.
11. COURT: General Description
a. Permanent Ground Level-8' x 8' Square with Hub Centered. Walls constructed of Treated wood 2" x 6 on end and anchored in ground, or 6"x 6" dug in ground with 4" minimum above ground exposure. Front wall may or may not be used.
b. Court Substance--Clay or Packed Sifted Tamped Dirt should be used. SAND IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE MATERIAL. Depth of material shall be a minimum of 4 1/2". Smooth and Level.
c. Keep a rake and hand tamper handy to groom court during Match play.
d. Cover Court area when not in use and during periods of rain.
e. No Court Space? Place Hubs 21' apart in grass or dirt and ENJOY!!!! Repair any ground damage after completing Matches.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY